Submitting A Proposal for the 2020 Safety+ Symposium
- Accepting proposals starting November 15, 2019
- Deadline: Friday, February 14, 2020
- Notification of Acceptance March 13, 2020
- Deadline for Accepting Speaking Role: April 3, 2020
- 2020 Safety+ Symposium: August 25-28, 2020
Thank you for your interest in presenting at the VPPPA’s 2020 Safety+ Symposium. Education is a core part of our symposium, so we are always looking for innovative, creative and engaging ways to present new ideas to our attendees. In order to submit a proposal with us, you will need to login into our submission portal or create an account and provide the following information:
- Primary Speaker and/or list of other speakers, if any (maximum of 3)
- Presentation Title (12 Words Max)
- Abstract for the presentation (500-character maximum) Be sure this is reflective of the content being presented as this will be featured in the mobile app and website.
- Speaker Bio(s) (500-character maximum)
- Instruction Level
- Beginner, 0-3 years’ experience in the topic
- Intermediate, 3-10 years’ experience in the topic
- Advanced, 10+ years’ experience in the topic
- Behavior Based Safety
- Employee Involvement
- Worksite Analysis
- Safety Management Systems
- Hazard Prevention and Control
Type of Presentation(s) you are interested in:
Which learning format is this session proposal for?
- Discussion Dive – Facilitate a discussion-based workshop for 30 minutes, where attendees can interact and share idea at round tables.
- Zoom Session (30 minutes)- This is a quick 30-minute session to cover a topic quickly and thoroughly.
- 60-minutes session
Other things to note:
- Preferred date(s) of presentation between August 25-27
- Is there data to support your presentation? If so, where can you find it?
- List any references of the presentation and speaker.
- Logistics contact information. Please note that this person will receive all information regarding the conference.
We ask all speakers to share their presentations with attendees. By submitting this proposal, you agree to provide your presentation to the VPPPA to disperse to Safety+ attendees and VPPPA membership. If you do not have a presentation any material on the topic will be requested.