“I’m A Member, Now What?”
First, thank you for becoming a member of the VPPPA! We’re thrilled to have you and your company on board and we can’t wait to get to know you.
We encourage all our members to be active in the VPPPA– whether it is by participating on social media, volunteering your time on a committee, attending our major events, or even writing content for the website. It is only through the collective efforts of our membership that we continue to grow and thrive, and we are always seeking ways for the VPPPA to give back to its members. Below are some recommendations that will help you get the most out of your membership.
- Welcome Packet- Once signing up for membership the primary contact will receive a VPPPA welcome packet in the mail. The packet will arrive within 4 weeks.
- Update Company Roster- Make sure the VPPPA has the most up to date listing of contacts from your site so they may utilize member benefits.
Utilizing your VPPPA Benefits
- VPPPA Calendar- Attend the next VPPPA Event. Get to know your fellow members, learn from exceptional speakers and find new products or services in the expo halls
- Join a committee- Volunteer your time and help shape the association alongside fellow members, national office staff, and members of the national board. Let your voice be heard as we transform tomorrow together.
- Follow us on social media- We post contests, member profiles, safety related news, OSHA updates and trivia questions. Share posts or join the conversation in our online community. Even if you cannot attend conferences, you can still network with other members and absorb great information. (Maybe add social media icons here)
- Register for a webinar- VPPPA offers free webinars for members! Webinars are a great alternative if you are unable to attend a VPPPA conference.
- Check out the VPPPA member center- this is where we share the wonderful accomplishments of our members, our member of the month, contests and VPPPA member news.
- View past workshops from VPPPA’s Safety+ Symposium.
- Contribute to the VPPPA Blog- Share ideas or best practices that make your site exceptional and that others could apply to their own sites. This is a great way to help and learn from others.
- Join the Safety Mentoring Program- If you are a VPP site or aspiring to be, join the Mentoring Program. Teach those about the steps you had to take to make it to VPP. Learn how to spot issues within your facility and gain knowledge on how to improve them.
- Start a conversation about hot topics in the Member Discussion Forum.