December Member of the Month: Rob Deery
- Do you take safety home with you? If so, how?
Yes, having three daughters I'm always stressing the importance of being safe whether it's "Stranger Danger" or fire safety. My fiancée also gets tired of hearing all my driver safety knowledge as well!
- What is/was your position and how long have you been in the position?
Health & Safety Coordinator - 5 Years
- What has been the greatest challenge in your career?
The greatest challenge has always been sustaining our employee buy-in with the safety innovations we implement. But you just have to keep it fresh and new!
- What is your most recent accomplishment?
Having the honor of presenting during the "Power Hour" Breakout session at the 35th Annual Safety+ Symposium in New Orleans, LA! Everybody knows that Power Hour is the BEST session!
- What advice would you give to "Past You"?
Never be afraid to shoot your shot in life.
- What makes you passionate about the VPPPA?
Lately it has been the energy that the VPPPA National Board and Staff has brought to the conferences, social media and everything else in-between... especially JA's Opening Session shoes! But it is also the opportunity to be going on my third year as a Region III Board Member and the many great things we have planned for the years to come.
- What has been your favorite aspect of the Association?
The networking opportunities that I have been exposed too at conferences and best practice events. I've made several new friends and colleagues.
- What advice would you give to someone interested in the VPP or the VPPPA?
The VPPPA has limitless resources for you and your company. The VPPPA often places you shoulder to shoulder with safety and health professionals that are willing to help you and your companies achieve this amazing accomplishment of becoming a VPP Star Site.