POSITION: Environmental, Health & Safety Representative II
Hendrickson is seeking an Environmental, Health & Safety Representative responsible for implementing EHS practices within Hendrickson’s global sites and Hendrickson’s Truck Suspension Systems U.S. operations. The EHS Representative will lead the efforts to pursue/maintain partnership with OSHA’s Voluntary Protection Program (VPP), ISO 45001 or Hendrickson’s Global Safety Excellence Certification (GSX) Program. In addition, the position is responsible for assisting with EHS training, auditing, industrial hygiene and management of environmental compliance programs and ISO 14001:2015 efforts.
Hendrickson facilities which have attained Star Status within OSHA’s Voluntary Protection Program (VPP):
- Canton, OH Research and Development (2007)
- Kendallville, IN Plant 1 Manufacturing (2008)
- Kendallville, IN Plant 3 Manufacturing (2008)
- Mitchell, SD Manufacturing (2009)
- Lebanon, IN Manufacturing (2010)
- Clarksville, TN Manufacturing (2010)
- Joliet, IL, Manufacturing (2011)
Hendrickson is the leading global manufacturer and supplier of medium- and heavy-duty mechanical, elastomeric and air suspensions; integrated and non-integrated axle systems; auxiliary lift axle systems; parabolic and multi-leaf springs; bumper and trim components to the global commercial transportation industry. Additional information about Hendrickson is available at www.hendrickson-intl.com. Additional information for the Environmental, Health & Safety Representative II position is available at the Hendrickson Careers Site
The EHS Representative is responsible for:
- Leading the efforts to pursue/maintain partnership with OSHA’s Voluntary Protection Program (VPP), ISO 45001 or Hendrickson’s Global Safety Excellence Certification (GSX) Program.
- Administering site EHS practices and programs within Hendrickson Truck Suspension Systems U.S. operations.
Major Responsibilities continued:
- Facilitating incident investigations and assisting with the development of corrective actions.
- Maintaining key performance indicators through Hendrickson EHS management information system
- Training personnel in a comprehensive range of EHS programs/practices including OSHA’s 10/30 Hr. General Industry course.
- Overseeing and coordinating the Industrial Hygiene assessments.
- Conducting safety audits and inspections.
- Developing site safety teams to drive site EHS goals and objectives.
- Assisting with Workers Compensation management
- Managing U.S. environmental compliance programs and ISO 14001:2015 efforts.
- Participating on Hendrickson’s corporate Safety Excellence Team
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Safety, Industrial Hygiene or Industrial Engineering.
- 3-5 years’ experience with an emphasis on health and safety implementation in a manufacturing environment. Some environmental compliance experience is desired.
- Demonstrated experience in upgrading health and safety programs and process improvement.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to travel to company locations on an as-needed basis
- Strong computer skills, Windows, Word, Excel.
- Ability to work in team environment.
Primary Location: US-IL-Itasca & Woodridge
Job: Environment, Health and Safety