Whether it is at the worksite or in the community, the VPPPA Safety & Health Achievement Program provides special acknowledgement to non-managerial employees at VPPPA member sites who have taken the initiative to learn and apply safety and health best practices. Candidates are expected to fulfill the program criteria and complete a workbook containing questions on the major elements of workplace safety and health.
The program is geared toward hourly, non safety and health workers at VPPPA member sites. Those certified in safety and health professional fields are not eligible to apply (i.e. - Certified Industrial Hygienists (CIH), Professional Engineers (PE) and Certified Safety Professionals (CSP)).
NOTE: Application submissions have closed after June 1, 2018. Completed submissions before this deadline will be submitted further to the Awards Committee for review. Once selected and approved, the receipient will be notified.
- VPPPA membership in good standing
- Hourly worker status
- Safety and health program knowledge, training and involvement in the worksite and/or in your community
- Outreach to other worksites or the community
- Letters of recommendation from your worksite and other worksites
- Involvement in the VPPPA
Safety and Health Workbook Components
- OSHA standards and procedures
- Accident investigation
- General workplace safety and health
- Safety and health training
- Hazard assessment, prevention and control
- Employee involvement in safety and health
- VPP procedures and requirements
- Fall protection