You are invited to download the National VPPPA Bylaws (PDF). These are the most recent VPPPA Bylaws which were approved on August 28, 2018 at the Annual Meeting of the Membership held prior to the start of the 2018 Safety+ Symposium in Nashville, TN. The below changes were approved in the bylaws during this meeting:
- Reformatted/Streamlined all Sections to Increase the User Readability Experience
- Added Sections 2.10.3 and 2.10.4 -Vacancy Protocols for Filling Vacant BOD Positions
- When Officer positions are vacated, and have greater than 6 months remaining on the term, the Board of Directors will appoint a replacement to fill the vacancy. If less than 6 months remain on the term, the position will remain vacant until election.
- When Director positions are vacated, and have greater than 12 months remaining on the term, the Board of Directors will appoint a replacement to fill the vacancy. If less than 12 months remain on the term, the position will remain vacant until election.
- Clarified Section 3.2 –Annual Meeting of the Membership
ANNUAL MEETING OF MEMBERSHIP: An annual meeting of the membership of the Voluntary Protection Programs Participants’ Association, Inc., (VPPPA) shall occur in conjunction with a regional/national conference or at an otherwise agreed upon place and time. Notification of said meeting must be made well in advance of the meeting.
- Removed Section 5.1 Corporate Seal Requirement
CORPORATE SEAL: The corporate seal of the VPPPA shall be circular and shall have inscribed thereon, within and around the circumference “VOLUNTARY PROTECTION PROGRAMS PARTICIPANTS’ ASSOCIATION, INC.” or “VPPPA, INC.”In the center shall be the word “SEAL”.
- Added New Section 5.1 Requiring Regional Chapters Bylaws Alignment to the National Bylaws
REGIONAL CHAPTER BYLAWS: Regional Chapter bylaws are expected to align with the intent of the National bylaws except for sections 2.6, 220.127.116.11 and 4.3.